Re: Boom Cars

In a message dated 97-06-09 02:19:45 EDT, David writes:

<<   I try to make exactly that point when I'm trying to get
      someone else to understand the *immense* numbers
      of people being affected.  At first they think, "If you only
      hear it for 30 seconds or so, as they drive by, what's so
      bad about that?" >>

     If you're asleep, 30 seconds is more than enough to
     wake you up.  If you have a hard time going back to
     sleep, and this disturbance happens frequently,
     damaging consequences of sleep deprivation can
     result.

     If you're working on a problem or creative effort
     involving mental activity, 30 seconds is enough to
     throw you off track.