Frito Replies

The following reply came today in response to my
protest note, reproduced below, regarding their
"1000 decibels of taste" ad campaign.

I hope other members of the list have written to
Frito about this.

   -- Michael Wright

Subj:	Re: 1000 Decibels?
Date:	97-06-07 19:24:10 EDT
From:	Consumer.Affairs@fritolay.com
Reply-to:	Consumer.Affairs@fritolay.com
To:	Sorrento95@aol.com

Dear Frito-Lay Consumer:

We have received your complaint on our Doritos "Loud"
Commercial.

We must confess that in preparing this ad, we did not
anticipate your reaction.  We have forwarded your
comments to our advertising agency.

We appreciate you taking the time to bring your viewpoint
to our attention.   It is only when our consumers share
their thoughts, that we are made aware of unanticipated
reactions to our advertising.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Frito-Lay Consumer Affairs